Thorough & Aggressive Advocacy For All  Your Legal Needs

Renewing Visas Or Adjustment In Status

Individuals who are already in the United States on a visa may either seek more time in the country or to reside permanently in the country. There are specific processes in place to allow individuals to petition to remain in the country.

At Polizzotto & Polizzotto, LLC, our lawyers are experienced in handling such applications and can help you and your family seeking an adjustment of immigration status. We will walk you through the appropriate process step by step, helping to avoid pitfalls or mistakes.

If you are seeking to renew your visa or secure legal permanent residency, please call our attorneys today to learn how we can help you through this process. Call our immigration lawyers today at 718-213-4861.

Seeking An Adjustment Of Status And Permanent Residence

If you are seeking permanent status in the United States, you must undergo an administrative process called an adjustment of status. In most cases, if approved, this results in legal permanent residency (LPR).

Adjustment of status is a process for individuals already living in the United States on some type of visa. Seeking a green card while living outside of the country requires consular processing.

To complete an adjustment of status, you must have a petition approved by the U.S. Department of Homeland Security and submit Form I-485 or an application to register permanent residence. This almost always also requires an interview with the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS).

Our attorneys will assist you in this process, helping you prepare for the interview and assemble the proper documentation needed to support your petition.

Professional Immigration Assistance Renewing Your Visa

The USCIS recommends that you apply to extend your time in the United States at least 45 days before the date your visa expires. This can require different documentation, interviews and applications, based on the type of visa you have.

Our attorneys provide close supervision while helping you take the proper steps to petition for an extension or renewal of your visa.