Polizzotto & Polizzotto, LLC, is a well-established estate planning law firm in Brooklyn. The attorneys are experienced and knowledgeable in all aspects of estate administration, including probate. We can help you distribute your loved one’s assets according to his or her wishes or challenge those wishes under qualified circumstances.
If you need assistance upholding or challenging a will, contact the experienced probate lawyers at Polizzotto & Polizzotto, LLC. We serve clients in New York City and surrounding areas, as well as clients from out of state.
What Is Probate?
Probate is the process of distributing property and assets according to the terms of a will. While this process is often a simple matter when there is a valid will, disputes can arise among beneficiaries and other relatives.
Our firm commonly handles probate disputes involving the following claims:
- The will was not executed properly.
- The will’s creator did not have the capacity to write a will or make significant changes to the will.
- The will’s creator was under the influence of a family member to change or add a beneficiary to the will.
- The executor did not have the capacity to properly execute a will.
- The will failed to include a close family member as a beneficiary.
We welcome clients with family members who died testate (with a will). We can assist with all estate administration issues, from the initial inventory of all the assets to the final distribution. We will review your situation and, if necessary, represent your interests in the Surrogate’s Court.
Contact the probate attorneys of Polizzotto & Polizzotto, LLC, to discuss your situation in a consultation.