Polizzotto & Polizzotto
En Español
Call Us Today 718-213-4861
Founded Over 40 Years Ago
Dedicated to Personal Attention & Outstanding Representation Get A Consultation

VIDEO: Requirements of the fiancé visa, or K-1 visa

U.S. citizens who want to bring a foreign national fiancé living in another country to the United States to marry must apply for a fiancé visa, or K-1 visa.

There are several requirements that must be met in order to successfully apply for a fiancé visa: You must be a U.S. citizen, plan to marry your fiancé within 90 days of your fiancé entering the U.S., neither of you can be married to anyone else, and you must have met each other in person at least once.

Additionally, you must demonstrate that you are financially capable of providing for your spouse, which the following video explains in more detail.

Once approved, the fiancé visa will allow your fiancé to enter the country for 90 days so that your marriage ceremony can take place. After you are legally married, your spouse can apply for permanent residency and remain in the United States while the application is processed.

No Comments

Leave a comment
Comment Information