Brooklyn and Staten Island, New York
Polizzotto and Polizzotto, LLC, is a well-established estate planning law firm in Brooklyn, New York. The attorneys are experienced and knowledgeable in all aspects of estate administration, including probate. We have the capability to help you successfully distribute your loved one's assets according to his or her wishes, and challenge those wishes under qualified circumstances.
If you need assistance in upholding or challenging a will, contact the experienced probate lawyers at Polizzotto and Polizotto, LLC. We serve clients in New York City and surrounding areas, as well as clients from out-of-state.
What is Probate?
Probate is the process of distributing property and assets according to the terms of a will. While this process is often a simple matter when there is a valid will, disputes can arise among beneficiaries and other relatives.
Our firm commonly handles probate disputes involving the following claims:
- The will was not executed properly.
- The will's creator did not have the capacity to write a will or make significant changes to the will.
- The will's creator was under the influence of a family member to change or add a beneficiary to the will.
- The executor did not have the capacity to properly execute a will.
- The will failed to include a close family member as a beneficiary.
We welcome all clients whose family member died testate (with a will). We can assist with all estate administration issues, from the initial inventory of all the assets to the final distribution. We will review your situation, and if necessary, represent your interests in the Surrogates Court.
Contact the probate attorneys of Polizzotto and Polizzotto, LLC, to discuss your situation in a free initial consultation.